Attorney Hartley Hampton
Attorney Hartley Hampton is one of the most recognized medical malpractice attorneys in Texas and New Mexico. He is board certified in personal injury litigation by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and civil litigation by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. He is a past president of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, the Houston Trial Lawyers Association, and the Houston Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates.
Over 10 years ago, the nation’s most severe “tort reform” package was passed, making it even harder for patients to seek compensation. When Hartley learned that it had passed, he was both saddened and angered on behalf of malpractice victims.
He understood that the field of medical malpractice law would require attorneys to be sharper, more focused, and more determined than ever.
After the 2003 tort reform package, many lawyers gave up on medical malpractice altogether. Unlike his colleagues and peers, Hartley started exclusively taking on medical malpractice claims. As a result of his focus, he has been able to provide his clients with the resources and advocacy they needed most. He has been practicing law for more than 35 years, during which he has helped to recover millions of dollars on behalf of his clients and been recognized by his peers, adversaries, and legal organizations nationwide.
Just some of his numerous awards include the following:
- Selected for the Super Lawyers® list (2003-2015)
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in America® list (2007-2015)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in Texas, Medical Malpractice (2007-2015)
- Life member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
- Named in The Top Trial Lawyers in America
- Rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell®
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D. – 1977
- University of Texas, B.A. – 1972
- State Bar of Texas, 1977
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1988
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1981
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court
Associations & Memberships
- International Society of Barristers
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Houston Chapter, Past President
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Past President